IntroductionWelcome to the webpage of Nuclear Physics Subgroup in the Research Group for Heavy Element Nuclear Science. Presently, phsyics subgroup consists of 10 people.
The main subjects of the subgroups research are: fusion-fission; quasi-fission; fission induced by surrogate reactions; neutron time-of-flight, etc. The subgroup has strong theory support - Drs. Y. Utsuno and H. Koura. The subgroup peforms experiments at the JAEA tandem, and J-PARC. Apart of 'home' experimental program, members of the subgroup are involved in close collaboration with SHIP (GSI), ISOLDE (CERN), GARIS (RIKEN), University of York, HRIBF(ORNL)...
- Recruitment for Postdoctral Fellow (Fixed-term researcher) (Deadline: 24 of July, 2015)
- Web Page Opening (June. 8, 2015): Web version of 'JAEA Chart of the Nuclides 2014' was opened.
- Video movie for outreach activity (Mar. 23, 2015): JAEA Channel "Cosmic Alchemy" (Speaking in Japanese with English subtitles)
- Press Release (Mar. 12, 2015): The Newest Nuclear Data in Hands - Completion of a comprehensive portable nuclear decay data map, "JAEA Chart of the Nuclides 2014" - (The link is described in Japanese.)
We have constucted a folding (A4-size) nuclear chart, "JAEA Chart of the Nulcides 2014," including the latest experimental (3,150 points) and theoretical (1,578 points) decay data for nucelar science experts and the general public.
- Selected Paper (Mar. 5, 2015): A journal paper on 3D nuclear chart by Dr. H. Koura is selected as "Highlight of 2014" in Physics Education (IOP). The paper is here.
Old news is Here.
Group Poster (as of 2014)
Equipment and detecter