Participants from the EU and the US can enter Japan as tourists with usually a 90-day temporary permit issued upon arrival. A valid passport is required. Participants from other countries are kindly requested to contact their nearest Japanese embassy/consulate. For details, please see the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
If you need a “Letters of invitation”, please inform us. For your Visa application, you will need to prepare the “documents provided from Japan”. Those documents can be provided by RIKEN. Please write to