The Reimei Research Program 2020
Call for research proposals
Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC)
Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA)
Outline and eligible research themes
The Reimei Research Program has been set out with an aim to cultivate forefront and frontier researches in the diverse fields of atomic energy and its related sciences throughout the world, and to promote research collaboration with ASRC.
ASRC seeks for research themes which are to explore novel principles and phenomena in the field of atomic energy and its related sciences. The themes are expected to keep a possibility to change the paradigm of existing science and technology, and to develop a future atomic energy innovation. Inventive, expansible, and challenging ideas are welcome.
See also the present research themes of the ASRC (https://asrc.jaea.go.jp/)
A principal investigator should belong to an institution such as universities or research institutes, and be actually engaged in research activities.
Embodiment of research
JAEA enters into a joint research agreement, on the basis of the JAEA regulation, with the applicants' institutions.
The contract for the research collaboration is valid for two Japanese Fiscal Year (April 2020 - March 2022).
The cap amount of fund is 3,000,000 JPY per year depending on the research theme or organizations.
The budget is not transferred to counterpart organization. Instead, JAEA shall manage and execute the expenses for business trips and purchasing of consumables, etc.
Number of acceptance
Three to seven subjects are to be accepted to the program.
*The number of acceptance may be varied as the program is premised on the approval of the national budget.
Applications are evaluated by the Reimei Research Evaluation Committee of the ASRC consisted of experts in and outside JAEA. The results shall be informed in writing in the beginning of April, 2020 and then, contract procedures for the Joint Research will be initiated.
- The joint research should be carried out in accordance with the Guideline of the Reimei Research Program.
- Please click here (Flowchart) to see entire process and formats from the application to the report of the research.
- Please read carefully the Guideline of the Reimei Research Program (download) and Reimei joint research arrangement (download). Application shall be made on the premise that all the budgetary management and contractual terms and conditions indicated there are fully understood and agreed.
Submission of Application
(1) Reimei Research Plan 2020 (Form 1)
(2) Copies (PDF format) of selected two items from the List of Publication
- Create PDF format of the Reimei Research Plan. Name the file as "Form1_XXX (Name of the applicant).pdf".
- Create two separate PDF files for two selected publications. Name the files as "Paper No. ZZ (serial number in the list) XXX (Name of the applicant).pdf".
- The documents are to be printed in black and white for the review. Figures need to be recognizable under the provided condition.
- The format should not be altered. Contents of the research must be described within three pages and do not delete pages if left blank. A separate sheet may be attached when a list of members extends beyond the space provided.
Thursday, January 31, 2020 (Japan Time)
Send the documents to the following e-mail address. Title of the e-mail should be "Reimei application 2020 (Name of the applicant)".
E-mail : email@example.com
Mr. Jun Kawakami (Research Promotion Office)
Advanced Science Research Center
Japan Atomic Energy Agency
2-4 Shirakata, Tokai-mura, Naka-gun, Ibaraki 319-1195, Japan
Submitted documents will be used for the review. Personal information of selected candidates will be used for subsequent research administration. Those of other candidates will be destroyed after being kept for one year.
Please read carefully the Guideline of the Reimei Research Program (download) and Reimei joint research arrangement (download). Application shall be made on the premise that all the budgetary management and contractual terms and conditions indicated there are fully understood and agreed.